Velocity has taken the game of baseball by storm, and we here at the 78th Precinct Youth Council are proud to announce the return of our Velocity Clinic. This clinic is for players ages 9 and up who want to improve their throwing mechanics, improve velocity, and learn effective arm management to avoid the most common throwing injuries.
Here’s what you can expect from this clinic:
- Proper throwing mechanics which lead to a healthier arm
- Exercises specific to arm strength and arm care
- A warm-up routine that should be carried out to the field
- The four pillars of high velocity throwers
We will meet twice a week for 4 weeks.
It is highly recommended that you or your child communicate with our instructors of any arm injuries that are present either before or during any of our workouts. This will allow us to make the necessary adjustments to our program that will allow your child to continue.
Because of the intensity of the workouts, we will have two separate sessions based on age group (please see below).
Who: For baseball players ages 9-17 (participant’s age on April 30, 2017), co-ed.
Where: West Brooklyn Community High School (K781) – 1053 41st Street (Between Ft. Hamilton Pkwy and 10th Avenue)
When: Workouts are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 75 minutes each session. Participants are expected to attend both days to get the maximum benefit from the training.
Dates and Times: February 14, 2017 – March 16
- Session 1 (Tuesday, Thursday) – For 9 to 12 years old – 6:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Session 2 (Tuesday, Thursday) – For 13 to 17 years old – 7:45 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fee: $170 total for the four weeks (8 sessions).